5 common problems and solutions for Avast antivirus
Although, almost all the users are satisfied with the amazing and marvelous performance that the antivirus offers, there are still some of the users who face some common problems with the antivirus. If you too are one of those who are facing some issues with the antivirus, then here are some of the effective solutions that can be tried.
1. Avast background service not running:
This is one of the most common issues that avast users face. This problem usually occurs when users update the avast antivirus software to the latest. As a consequence of this problem, the user's device becomes vulnerable to a number of threats and risks and thus this problem should be solved as soon as possible.
Here are some possible steps which would solve this problem:
• Open the setting app of your device and then click on the apps option
• Under this, click on the apps and features option
• In apps and features option, look for avast antivirus and click on it. After click on the avast antivirus, click on ‘modify' option and then on ‘yes'
• After this, click on the ‘update' option
• Give enough time to your device to update all the necessary changes and then reboot your device for being sure that the changes are implemented properly
• Other than this, you can also try to remove and re-install the avast antivirus app in your device or system for avoiding this problem.
2. Avast antivirus installation:
This problem generally occurs when you have a corrupted installation file of Avast antivirus.
If you are facing problems with the installation of the avast antivirus, then first make sure that you are installing an uncorrupted and latest avast antivirus file, using an active Internet connection. Post that, you can use these steps for the problem faced:
• Locate the avast antivirus installation file stored on your device or system
• Choose the uninstall option from the drop-down menu
• Click yes to the prompt user account control dialog
• As soon as you click on yes option, the avast set-up wizard will appear on the screen
• On this wizard click on the available ‘repair' option and give the needed time to your system to repair the corrupted files
• Restart your device, once the repairing is complete. This will eliminate all the installation problems that you are facing.
3. Avast activation:
For successfully activating your avast antivirus software, here are some of the steps which will be useful:
• From the list of available devices which you are using, click on Windows PC device
• Download the copy of your avast product license
• After downloading the avast product license, follow the step-by-step instructions for activating the product
• Once the entire process is complete, uninstall the Avast antivirus and then re-install a clean avast antivirus file
• Restart your device and then try activating the product again by following the necessary instructions
4. Avast not updating:
One of the major reasons due to which avast antivirus does not support proper update is because of virus infected files. Thus, you should try running a boot scan on your device. This will help you to be sure that your device and system is not affected by any virus or malware.
The next step in this process is to uninstall the existing avast antivirus software and installing a new one. You can also use the repair option for fixing the other problems which are associated with the avast antivirus.
5. Avast not responding:
For this problem, follow these simple steps:
• Under the general tab of your avast program, click on the drop-down menu available next to startup type
• After that select the ‘automatic option' from the available options
• After that, click on the ‘apply button' to make sure that the necessary changes are confirmed in your device
• However, if the service stops running in between, you can click on the start option under the service status section
• Once all these steps are completed, restart your device for being sure that your made changes are applied effectively
After than try opening your avast antivirus software for availing its services, if you are still unable to open it then for further help connect at Avast Phone Number.